In order to have a successful and uniform start of your orchard, Milis Nurseries suggests that you follow the following necessary instructions during planting
- The plants cannot be planted under a soil temperature of 8°C.
- The soil should be fine structured (no big, rough soil bulbs!).
- After delivery the trees should be put in to water (30-40 cm) for at least 48 hours.
- During the planting, the plants should be well protected, in order to not directly expose them to the weather conditions, (wind, sun).
- Remove only broken parts of the roots. Do not cut the roots in order to fit in a smaller hole in the ground.
- The roots should be covered with at least 10 cm of soil.
- The hole in the ground should not be opened many days before planting. Ideally it should be opened right before planting and the depth should be 40cm.
- Immediately after planting, the soil around the roots should be pressed on.
- The same day, every tree should be irrigated with 8-10 liters of water.
- It is necessary to go on with irrigation twice a week with 4 to 5 liters/plant.
- In case of dropping system bring out 4 liters/plant 3 times a week.
- If you use an Anti-Frost system give 10 mm of water every 3 days.